Being a Sam’s Club member has its perks. You get access to discounts on bulk items, and you can even order online and have your purchases delivered right to your door.
Most of the time, you can use your Sam’s Club credit card to make purchases. But what if you don’t have a credit card? Or what if you want to use PayPal instead?
Does Sam’s Club Accept PayPal?
Despite being the most popular online payment gateway, PayPal is not accepted at Sam’s Club. You can use your PayPal balance to shop elsewhere though. Many other retailers accept PayPal, such as Walmart, eBay, and Amazon.
If you want to use PayPal at Sam’s Club, you can link your PayPal account to a prepaid debit card. Once you have done this, you can use the prepaid card to make purchases at Sam’s Club. This is a good option if you don’t have a credit card, or if you simply prefer to use PayPal.
What Payment Methods Are Accepted At Sam’s Club? 11 Payment Methods
Sam’s Club takes a variety of payment methods to make it easy for you to shop however you want. Keep reading to learn more.
- Cash Or Check: You can pay for your purchase with cash or a personal check. If you’re paying with a check, you will need to present a valid photo ID.
- Debit Card: Sam’s Club accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit cards. You can use your debit card to make purchases both in-store and online.
- Credit Card: All major credit cards are accepted at Sam’s Club, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- EBT: SNAP benefits can be used to purchase eligible items at Sam’s Club. Just swipe your EBT card at the register and enter your PIN to pay. However, you cannot use EBT to pay for membership fees or online purchases.
- Sam’s Club Gift Card: Gift cards are great because they can be used to purchase anything at Sam’s Club, including membership fees. You can also use them to shop online.
- Walmart Gift Card: Can’t find a Sam’s Club gift card? No problem – Walmart gift cards can also be used at Sam’s Club. Just present the card at the register or enter the number during online checkout.
- American Express Membership Rewards Points: You can use your American Express Membership Rewards points to pay for purchases at Sam’s Club. Just enter your card number during online checkout.
- Discover: Discover is a cash-back rewards program. You can use your Discover card to earn cash back on your purchases, which you can then use to pay for future purchases.
Can I Pay At Sam’s Club Using Multiple Payment Options?
Yes, you can. For example, if you want to use a combination of cash and a credit card to pay for your purchase, you can do so. Just tell the cashier how you would like to pay when you’re checking out.
What About Sam’s Club Returns?
If you need to return an item to Sam’s Club, you can do so using the payment method that you used to make the purchase. For example, if you paid with a credit card, you can return the item(s) and receive a refund on your credit card. You have 14 days to return most items to Sam’s Club.