When you’re a DoorDash driver, there are times when you may need to cancel an order. Maybe the customer changed their mind, or maybe something came up that prevented you from completing the delivery. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to cancel an order as a driver. Canceling orders is part of the job, and it’s important to know how to do it correctly so you don’t lose any earnings. Stay tuned for our tips on canceling orders!
You Might Be Interested In: Can You Use A Gift Card On DoorDash?
- How to cancel an order as a driver on DoorDash? Step by Step Guide:
How to cancel an order as a driver on DoorDash? Step by Step Guide:
Here’s the process for cancelling an order as a driver on DoorDash:
- Log into your DoorDash driver account.
- Navigate to the Orders tab.
- Find the order you need to cancel and click on it.
- Click on the Cancel Order button.
- Confirm that you want to cancel the order by clicking on the Cancel button.
When cancelling orders, it’s important to be clear and concise about why you’re doing so. This will help ensure that the order is cancelled properly and that you don’t lose any earnings.
Can You Cancel A DoorDash Order As A Driver?
Yes, You can cancel a DoorDash order as a driver. It’s important to know how to do so in case something comes up and you can’t complete the delivery. Just follow the steps outlined in this blog post, and you’ll be good to go!
When should you cancel an order as a driver on DoorDash?
There are a few situations when it’s appropriate to cancel an order as a driver. Here are some examples:
- The customer has changed their mind and no longer wants the food.
- You’re unable to complete the delivery for any reason (e.g., the customer isn’t at home, the order is incorrect, etc.).
What to do if the customer wants to cancel the order?
If the customer wants to cancel the order, you must communicate with them and try to get as much information as possible. This will help ensure that you don’t lose any money on the order. Here are a few things you can do:
- Ask the customer why they’re cancelling the order.
- Get the customer’s contact information in case you need to reach out later.
- Credit the customer for the order if it’s already been delivered.
Cancelling an order as a driver when there is no food left to deliver:
If you’ve completed the delivery but there’s no food left to deliver, you can still cancel the order. In this case, you’ll need to contact the customer and let them know that their food was not delivered. You can either credit their account or offer a refund.
It’s important to remember that when cancelling orders, you should always be clear and concise about why you’re doing so. This will help ensure that the order is cancelled properly and that you don’t lose any money.
You Might Be Interested In: What Is DashPass? Is It Really Worth It?
Here is a video for further detail.
Does Cancelling order affect your earnings?
No, cancelling orders does not affect your earnings. In fact, it’s actually part of the job to cancel orders when necessary. Just make sure you do it correctly and that you communicate with the customer about why you’re doing so.