Costco is a popular retailer known for its low prices and bulk-sized items. But what happens when you can’t make it to the store? Will Costco offer curbside pickup in 2022? Here’s what we know so far.
Does Costco Have Curbside Pickup in 2023?
Yes, Costco does offer curbside pickups in certain areas. However, the program is less extensive than one would anticipate. In January 2021, Costco announced their pilot curbside grocery pickup in 3 warehouse stores in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which would be exclusively accessible to members of the program.
The company plans to launch the service in additional markets “sometime this year,” though an exact date has not been announced.
The program is very similar to what other stores, like Walmart and Target, have been doing for years. Customers order their groceries online or through the Costco app and then schedule a time for pickup. When they arrive at the store, they’ll park in a designated spot and call the number on the sign. A Costco employee will then bring out their order and load it into their car.
While this service is convenient for those who live near a participating store, it’s not yet available nationwide. So, if you’re looking for curbside pickup from Costco in 2022, you may be out of luck.
How Does Costco’s Curbside Pickup Work?
If you live in an area with a participating Costco store, you can order your groceries online or through the app and schedule a pickup time. When you arrive at the store, you’ll park in a designated spot and call the number on the sign. A Costco employee will then bring out your order and load it into your car.
You can order most items that are available in-store, except alcohol (which is only available for delivery). There is also a $4.99 service fee per order.
Ordering Your Items
You can order your items one of two ways:
Online: Visit Costco’s website and sign in to your account. Add items to your cart and select “Pick up” at checkout.
Through the app: Download the Costco app and sign in to your account. Add items to your cart and select “Pick up” at checkout.
Picking Up Your Items
When you’re ready to pick up your order, follow these steps:
- Arrive at the store during your scheduled pickup time window.
- Park in a designated spot and call the number on the sign.
- A Costco employee will bring out your order and load it into your car.
And that’s it! Curbside pickup is a convenient way to get your Costco groceries without having to go into the store.
What Are the Benefits of Curbside Pickup?
There are a few benefits of using Costco’s curbside pickup service, including:
- You don’t have to go into the store.
- You can avoid crowds and long lines.
- You can save time.
- You can order alcohol (in some states).
- There is no delivery fee.
However, there are a few downsides to using the service, including:
- It’s only available in select markets (for now).
- There is a $4.99 service fee per order.
- You have to order your items in advance.
- You have to wait in your car for your order to be brought out.
- Not all items are available for pickup (e.g. alcohol in some states).
Is Costco Curbside Pickup Worth It?
Whether or not curbside pickup from Costco is worth it depends on your individual needs and circumstances. If you live in an area with a participating store and you need a convenient way to get your groceries without going into the store, then it may be worth it for you. However, if you don’t mind going into the store or you’re not able to schedule a pickup time in advance, then you may be better off just shopping in-store.
Other Ways to Get Groceries from Costco?
In addition to curbside pickup, there are a few other ways to get your groceries from Costco:
- Instacart: Costco has partnered with Instacart to offer delivery in select markets. Delivery prices vary, but there is usually a fee of $5.99-$7.99 per order.
- Shipt: Costco has also partnered with Shipt to offer delivery in select markets. Delivery fees start at $7 and increase based on the size of your order.
- Costco Grocery: In some markets, you can order your groceries online and pick them up at a designated time. There is no service fee for this service, but you do have to pay for parking.
- Click & Collect: This service is available in the UK and allows you to order your groceries online and pick them up at a designated time from a participating Costco store. There is no service fee for this service.
The bottom line
All things considered, Costco’s curbside pickup service is a convenient way to get your groceries without having to go into the store. However, it’s only available in select markets and there is a service fee per order. If you’re looking for curbside pickup from Costco in 2022, you may be out of luck.